Shepparton Christian College has an open enrolment policy. This means anyone is welcome to apply to and attend the school. The main intake years for new students are Prep and Year 7 however applications are welcome at other year levels. Please be aware that class numbers are limited so enrolment offers will be dependent on available places.
Step 1: Complete and submit an online Enrolment Application along with all required documentation. A $60 application fee applies. Applications received without all required documentation will not be processed.
Step 2: Once your application is submitted, you will receive notification regarding the next step of the process.
Step 3: An interview may be arranged to discuss your child’s needs, college expectations and answer any questions you may have about the college.
Step 4: Successful applications will be emailed a letter of offer within 3 weeks of their interview. Families will need to confirm their enrolment offer within 2 weeks along with a $500 non-refundable acceptance deposit to secure their place. (The whole of this deposit will be allocated to your school fees upon your child’s commencement)
Step 5: Upon receipt of your acceptance and the $500 fee, your child’s enrolment will be secured.
Priority of enrolment will be given to Christian families. The establishment of this priority facilitates the achievement of a clear majority of Christian families in the student body.
The Following criteria is used to help prioritise enrolment places at Shepparton Christian College:
– A sibling of a current school family
– A child of a staff member
– Children of families/carers where one or more parent actively/regularly attend a Protestant Church
– Children of families/carers where one or more parent actively/regularly attend a Catholic or Orthodox Christian Church
– Children of families/carers where one or more parent actively/regularly attend a Christian Church, but does not regularly attend Church.
– With consideration for the requirement to keep the body majority practising Christian, Children of other families may be considered with consideration of the following factors:
– the emerging faith of a child, or
– the stage on the faith journey towards a relationship with Christ of one or both of the parents, or
– the impact of a close relative on the faith of the child, or
– other factors that the Principal determines as indicative that the students and family would benefit from, and be supportive of, a Christian education actively focussing on discipleship of young people
– Special circumstances as approved by the Principal or Board.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us @ enrolment[email protected] or our friendly office staff on (03)58 31 7790
(Enrolment Process & Forms Updated 18/07/2022)
Statement of Faith
– We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
– We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
– We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
– We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
– We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
– We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues which is the initial evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit.*
– We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfil our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
– We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
– We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
– We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
* Variations to this clause will be accepted to allow for different convictions on this doctrine